About North Star
Founded in 1972, North Star Lighting, Inc. has served the electrical and lighting industry for over four decades. Innovation is our strength. We continue to build on a legacy of Industrial, Outdoor and Architectural Lighting with constant new product development.
North Star Lighting manufactures a complete line of precision, controlled beam, LED and HID Luminaires. With a focus on engineering strength and manufacturing flexibility, North Star Lighting is ideally positioned to offer a broad range of lighting products. For over 40 years, our innovative approach coupled with a commitment to customer satisfaction has consistently exceeded expectations worldwide.
Headquartered in Elmhurst, Illinois, North Star Lighting is vertically integrated manufacturing facility with custom fabrication and finishing and final assembly all under one roof. A certified UL Test Lab, trained technicians ensure quality and safety. LED circuit board design, manufacture and testing are also part of our core competency. North Star Lighting owns all of our own tooling and patents related to our designs. Custom Capabilities allow us to modify existing or design new products to meet the exacting specifications of our clients.
North Star Company History
- Founded - Broadview, IL
- Focus on Floodlighting, and Outdoor HID and Industrial HID
- Full line of Floodlights, Wall Packs, Area Lights, Highbays and Lowbays
- Focus on Precision High Power HID Floodlighting and Spot Lighting
- Introduced CSI-1000W with Hot Restrike, Metaline with 1500W Double Ended Metal Halide
- Chicago Stadium (Home of the Bulls and Blackhawks) installs CSI 1000W with Hot Restrike
- Monsters of the Midway win Superbowl XX, crushing the New England Patriots 44-10. The Patriots can only muster 123 yards against suffocating Bears “D”.
- Miami Dolphins Joe Robbie Stadium (now Sun Life) installs CSI 1000W with Hot Restrike
- Wal-Mart and Sam’s Club adopt revolutionary Acrylic Highbay developed thru joint venture between North Star Lighting and Lexalite
- Prismatic Highbay is launched full scale, changing the landscape of HID Highbay lighting forever
- DualumenTM System for Bi-Level HID dimming is introduced
- Aquired Lighting and Lowering Sytems, adding new capabilities to North Star Lighting
- Joint development with IREM renews Hot Restrike capability for CSI and other high wattage floodlights
- Concept of Camera Lowering Systems is born North Star Lighting Celebrates 25 Years of Excellence in the lighting industry
- First Camera Lowering System installed for ITS applications for Alabama State DOT
- North Star Lighting ships its 25,000th Luminaire
- First ever LED lighting array tested at North Star facility
- BAPS Temple installs over 2,000 RGB color changing LED lights designed and manufactured by North Star Lighting
- Pennsylvania Turnpike's Allegheny Tunnel installs over 2,000 HPS Tunnel Lights assembled by North Star Lighting
- First ever Cranelight developed for High Ambient applications
- Delaware DOT installs over 120 Color LED fixtures on the Charles Cullen bridge. The Governor of Delaware declares the new Indian River Inlet Bridge open for business.
- Management team completes buyout of North Star Lighting. Company moves to a new location currently in Elmhurst, IL.
- City of Chicago DOT installs over 20 custom designed RGB color changing towers on Congress Parkway which Mayor Rahm Emmanuel Dubs the “Gateway to the City of Chicago”.
- City of Chicago DOT installs over 250 custom RGB color changing linear wall wash fixtures on Congress Parkway, adding more sparkle to the previous installation.